For this recipe we are going to use one of the most popular ingredients of the Italian cuisine: the calamari ( squid ) . Usually these little delights are served in their fried version but, what about cooking them….in the oven? Let’s bake them!
- 20g paprika
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 600g calamari, cleaned
- 2 tsp BENVOLIO EXTRAVIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Serves 4 people
1. Take and rinse the calamari under running water and cut them into rings about 1 inch thick.
2. Once cut, clean them again and mix in a bowl the breadcrumbs, the paprika and the salt.
3. Add the calamari and mix in order to make the mixture stick on all sides.
4. Oil a baking pan with a tablespoon of Benvolio Extravirgin Olive Oil and cover it with baking paper using a little pressure in order to make it stick to the sides.
6. Place the calamari on it and pour the remaining Benvolio Extravirgin Olive Oil.
7. Bake them in a convection oven at 160°C for 15-20 minutes.
8. After this time, transfer the calamari in a bowl and enjoy them very hot!
Some more advices:
You can use any spice you want in this recipe: curry, mint or coriander … the choice is yours!