Have you ever thought to prepare some tasty snacks at home to offer as appetizers? Try these crackers flavoured with BENVOLIO extra virgin olive oil… the result will be a success!
- 7 oz “00” flour
- 7 oz semolina flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup BENVOLIO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
SheetDifficolty Rating: Easy
Time Prep: 60 minutes
Quantity: 20 crackers
1. Mix sifted flours with salt, add water and PIAVE extra virgin olive oil a little at a time, keep on mixing energetically for about 10 minutes (the compound has to be neither too sticky nor to dry. In case, add some water or flour).
2. Cut the final compound in 20 equal pieces and make little balls to sprinkle with BENVOLIO extra virgin olive oil, put on plate and cover them with a clean cloth or a transparent film. Leave them stand at ambient temperature for 30-40 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the oven at 230°C.
3. After the rest period, take the balls and roll them out with a rolling pin or a pasta making machine forming all flat strips.
4. Put the crackers on a try covered by oven paper. Prick the crackers with a fork to prevent swelling.
5. Bake them until their surface is golden.
6. Cool and serve.
Some more advices:
Give a touch of creativity to your crackers before cooking! Add sesame seeds, grated cheese or spices. You can also cut them in different shapes. You will be original in any occasion!