The feta and spinach roll is a very simple dish to prepare and has a double advantage: on one hand you use many spinach that contain important nutrients for our body, on the other, the fantasy of the preparation, will also allow children to enjoy the making of this dish.
- 1kg spinach, frozen
- 2 onions
- 4 tbsp BENVOLIO GRAPESEED OIL
- 225g feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 pack puff pastry ( or phyllo as an alternative )
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Serves 6 people
1. Preheat oven to 180° and put the frozen spinach into boiling salted water for about 10 minutes from the boiling point.
2. Meanwhile, fry a finely chopped onion in a pan with Benvolio Grapeseed oil and add in the drained spinach.
3. Cook until the spinach will be softened and stir them well with the onion.
4. Turn off the heat and remove excess liquid. Let it stand for 2 minutes and then add salt, pepper, grated feta cheese and 4 beaten eggs.
5. At this point, once the filling of our roll is ready, take the puff pastry and roll it out on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
6. Now, brush the top of the puff pastry with some Benvolio Grapeseed oil and riddle with holes using a fork.
7. When the mixture is lukewarm, lay it all on the puff pastry making sure to leave about 1 cm on each side and roll it over itself.
8. Once the roll is closed, brush and riddle with holes again the surface and bake for 45 minutes or until it is golden.
9. Let cool and serve.
Some more advices:
This dish, whose filling can be changed according to your taste, it is also perfect for cocktails and dinner buffet: just cut it into slices and serve them on a serving platter.