Can you combine a second course like aubergine rolls with a classical dish of the Italian cuisine like spaghetti? Of course you can!
Thanks to these special aubergine rolls stuffed with spaghetti, you can bring all the bright colours of traditional Italian cuisine to your table, together with their delicious flavour released during cooking. Success is guaranteed!
- 4 aubergines
- 5.6 oz egg tagliolini
- 9 oz tomato sauce
- 1 scalogni
- 7 oz fresh ricotta
- Grated Parmigiano cheese just enough
- 3 tsp of BENVOLIO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 leaves of basil
- Parsley just enough
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- Salt at taste
- Pepper at taste
SheetDifficulty Rating: Fairly Difficult / Difficult
Prep Time: 1 h 30 m
Serves: 4 persons
1. Wash the aubergines and cut them in half centimeter-thick slices. Salt and leave them covered for 30 minutes.
2. Fry the scalogni cut in thin slices using 3 tablespoons of Benvolio extra virign olive oil, add basil and pepper just enough.
3. Add the tomato sauce and leave it season for 15 minutes after the first boiling.
4. Drain and grill the aubergines, sprinkling them with an emulsion of oil, chopped parsley and garlic during cooking.
5. Boil the egg tagliolini in abundant salty water, drain and season them with the sauce prepared, keeping some tablespoons aside. Add a generous handful of grated Parmigiano cheese and mix.
6. At this point, you can start to prepare the rolls: put a generous fork of tagliolini on the aubergine slices together with ricotta. Roll the slices.
7. Pay attention to put the slices’ end sides on the bottom of the tray, on a sheet of oven paper. Put the remaining tomato sauce and Parmigiano cheese on the rolls before baking.
8. Bake the rolls at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Once golden, serve them warm.
Some more advices:
In case you don’t have much time, you can prepare this dish in advance, keep it in the fridge and bake it any time you wish.