Stuffed bell peppers is a recipe that suggests a special dish that will impress your guests with an explosion of taste.
- 7 oz barley
- 3.5 oz fresh mushrooms
- 4 big peppers
- 1 mature tomato
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp BENVOLIO SOYBEAN OIL
- Vegetable stock
- Salt at taste
SheetDifficulty Rating: Fairly Difficult / Difficult
Prep Time: 70 m
Serves: 4 persons
1. Clean, cut and grill mushrooms with a tablespoon of Benvolio soybean oil in a non-stick pan.
2. In another pan, fry the onion cut in big pieces with a tablespoon of Benvolio soybean oil and cook it for some minutes until it is softened.
3. Add the barley and the tomato cut in small cubes, keeping on mixing all flavours. Add the vegetable stock and cook for 25-30 minutes.
4. When the barley is ready, turn off the heat and add the basil and the mushrooms, salting and peppering at taste.
5. Meanwhile wash the peppers, remove the upper part and the seeds and cook them for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain and fill them with the compound prepared.
6. Put the peppers stuffed with barley on tray covered by oven paper and sprinkle with PIAVE soybean oil.
7. Cook them in the oven at 180 °C for about 30 minutes. Your dish is ready to be served!
Some more advices:
Add some grated cheese on the peppers before cooking them in the oven, so they will form a delicious crispy surface..