Sweet and sour peppers are easy to prepare, you will always have a great success when you serve them to your guests. For this recipe we suggest yellow and red peppers to give a touch of vivacity to your dish.
- 4 red peppers (average weight 1oz/piece)
- 4 yellow peppers (average weight 1oz/piece)
- 8 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 glass sugar
- 1 glass BENVOLIO CORN SEED OIL
- 1 glass salt
SheetDifficulty Rating: Fairly Difficult
Prep Time: 1 h
Quantity: 6 jars
1. Wash and clean the peppers. Cut them into small strips of approx 1,5 cm.
2. Boil the white wine vinegar on medium heat, add sugar, Benvolio corn seed oil and salt.
3. During boiling, add the peppers. Cook them until they are softened.
4. Using a skimmer, take the peppers out of the water and put them on a bowl. Pay attention to keep the cooking liquid.
5. Once the peppers are cold, put them into sterilized jars and pour the cooking liquid to cover them. Seal and keep in a cool place.
Some more advices:
This dish is perfect at any time of the year. It can be served warm or cold, both as a side dish and a tasty appetizer. .