Among our recipes, we cannot but suggest a typical ingredient of our Piave lands, the “radicchio rosso di Treviso”, which is much appreciated for its taste and lightness. You can prepare the sweet and sour “radicchio di Treviso” and pour it into jars, enjoying it at any time of the year. Are you ready to prepare this delicious side dish?
- 5 heads radicchio of Treviso
- 4 cups white wine vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 2.8 oz sugar
- 1 oz salt
- 2 cups BENVOLIO GRAPE SEED OIL
SheetDifficulty Rating: Easy
Prep Time: 1 h 30 m
Quantity: 2 jars
1. Heat water, white wine vinegar, sugar and salt in a big pot. Bring to boil.
2. Cut the radicchio lengthwise and wash it under cold water.
3. When water starts to boil, put the radicchio in the pot and cook it for about 5 minutes.
4. Drain the radicchio and leave it on a cloth for about 1 hour.
5. Take some jars and fill them with the radicchio, put in a circular way.
6. Fill the jars with BENVOLIO grape seed oil, paying attention to eliminate small air bubbles gently pressing with a fork.
7. Seal the jars and store them in a dark and cool place for at least 40 days.
Some more advices:
Prosecco of Valdobbiadene would be an excellent wine to enhance the sweet and sour radicchio of Treviso.