The zucchini and ricotta pie is one of the most made recipes in Italy. In order to make a lighter dish, you can prepare the dough at home without butter but if you do not have much time, you can make it using phyllo.
- 1 can pinto bean
- 100g all-purpose wholewheat flour
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp BENVOLIO CORN OIL
- 250g ricotta
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg
- Parmesan to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
1. Clean the beans and place them in a blender and grind into a fine paste.
2. Add in flour, Benvolio corn oil, salt and chives, kneading until forming a ball shape pastry. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, cut the zucchini, put them on a pan and cook until crunchy.
4. Make a cream by mixing the ricotta with a couple of tablespoons of grated cheese and an egg. Season it with salt and pepper to your taste and add it to the cooled zucchini.
5. Lay out 3/4 of the dough and place it on a 18cm diameter greased baking pan. Riddle with holes the dough and put the mixture of ricotta and zucchini over it.
6. With the remaining dough, form strips and make a kind of lattice over the pie.
7. Once completed, place it in the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Some more advices:
You can replace zucchini with any other vegetable.